Friday, November 10, 2006

Blogging For Lee

This is Anntichrist S. Coulter posting. This blog will be linked to Mark Of The Beast as soon as I can post that we have established a bank account for my friend Lee, who has Neurofibromatosis-1, a condition commonly known as "Elephant Man's disease," even though recent research has suggested that John Merrick suffered from a variety of other diseases.

The short version is that Lee has been diagnosed with a brain tumor, which is part of her disease, and that this tumor is pressing down on 8 of the 15 major nerve branches in her brain, as well as causing blockages and constriction of most of her major blood vessels in her brain.

There are many good websites out there that can eduate you much better than I can about this disease, and I implore y'all to have a look at some of them.

http://www.nfinc.org/

http://www.ctf.org/

http://www.ninds.nih.gov/disorders/neurofibromatosis/neurofibromatosis.htm

http://neurosurgery.mgh.harvard.edu/NFR/

http://www.ygyh.org/nf/whatisit.htm

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/disease/Neurofib.html

Since Lee has been fucked out of SSI/SSDI, Medicare and Medicaid by the illiterate state-level bureaucrats who think that they know what a "disability" is, and her job at Fred's Super Discount Store isn't even enough for that child to pay RENT on, she needs your help.

She needs a LOT of help.

If she waits for the one remaining major hospital in the Louisiana state hospital (charity) system, she won't get a surgical date until March or April. Even though she is still working her skinny little ass off, she has already had her legs collapse out from under her, and has had the physical requirements of her job curtailed by her manager, Susan.


Susan is the woman who has fed, clothed, and housed Lee for the past two years, and she is the one who has been reaching out to neurosurgeons and other medical muckety-mucks and has found doctors who are willing to donate their time and work. The problem is that whatever hospital is used to do the surgery WON'T be donating SHIT. This surgery (series of surgeries) is going to run upwards of $200,000. And even as a manager at Fred's, Susan is never going to be able to pay all of that on her own.

The limp-dick hypocrite who runs the parish school system here had "volunteered" to contact all of the major big-bidness muckety-mucks around here (Entergy River-Bend Nuclear Plant, Georgia Pacific & other paper mills, lawyers, etc.) has since bailed on the "project" and no longer returns Susan's calls. So, could turn out that I'm going to have to be the one to start shaking some pretty big trees around this motherfucker.

IN THE MEANTIME, the reason that I'm hitting-up all of my best volunteers, emergency-aid buds, and the wonderful array of human beings who donated over $5,000 to help Katrina victims (through BlondeSense) is so that Lee, who has never had a pot to piss in or a window to throw it out of, will have some money of her own. Clothes, shampoo, a fashion magazine, some cute shoes --- hell, I don't care if she spends it on titty bars/male strippers and tequila, I just want this girl to have the best time of her 25 years, while she awaits her future. Whether we can pull off the real-surgeons-real-time thing before she dies of a stroke from the tumor, or whether she has to wait for Earl K. Long Memorial Hospital's waiting list (thanks to Katrina and the needless closing of Charity Hospital) and hopefully doesn't die before her appointment --- I want Lee to have every and any thing that she needs or wants.

And if any of y'all have any contacts with corporate types who could lay out a good-sized contribution, please holler at me. I'm not that great with the suits, but I'll do the best that I can do, if it will help Lee to be healthy again, to be able to STAY the wonderful girl who was the first friend that I made in this redneck-white-flight-republicunt-hell-hole that this town has become. She accepted me, the first time that we met, and made me laugh when I was really wanting to die. She is my friend, and I don't want to lose her.

When I've slept, I hope to provide better information and more of it. But in the meantime, please help Lee. Please. I've lost too many good people in the past 6 years. She has so much to give to the world, to everybody she loves, so much life to live.

5 Comments:

At 2:22 PM, Blogger TFLS said...

So sorry to hear about your friend, sweetie. I can't contribute money - but I can offer up some help. Here is the name of the doctor who treated my husband’s brain tumor 20 years ago. My husband has what is called an acoustic neuroma - benign; but large enough to have completely compressed one hemisphere if his brain. The surgery was tricky - he could have ended up paralyzed. As it was - he came out only deaf in one ear - a miracle considering the size and location of the tumor. This man was, at that time, considered the best neurological surgeon in the world, outside of his teacher who lived in Switzerland. Shands is a teaching hospital - so they might be interested in your friend’s case. That’s why he agreed to take my husbands. The surgery was unusual enough to make it into the textbooks at that time.

Here’s the info:

http://www.shands.org/find/doctor/physicianDetail.asp?ID=002188

The man’s name is Dr. Albert Rhoton, and he's not only a fabulous doctor - he's one of the nicest people I have ever met. If he can't help - he might know of someone who could. Hope this info is of some use to you.

 
At 5:15 PM, Blogger Anntichrist S. Coulter said...

TFLS, you are one amazing human being, you know that?

Thank you. So much.

I will definitely give this information to Susan and see if we can get some help through them.

 
At 7:02 AM, Blogger Kevin said...

Can't find the Paypal button. Where is it?

 
At 10:14 AM, Blogger Tara said...

The paypal button is at this Link.

 
At 6:34 PM, Blogger LT said...

My very best to you and anyone else i can steal it from, Lee. Happy to donate via the link from DKos. Here's to your smiling face.
LT

 

Post a Comment

<< Home