Friday, January 26, 2007

Hot Damn!

FINALLY!!!!!!

Lee has an appointment with the ENT group in Baton Rouge on January 31st!!!!!!

There's over $10G in the bank, waiting to cover everything that Medicaid doesn't (although it still might not be enough, depending on what, exactly, Medicaid covers), and we FINALLY might have an answer.

Lee's disease is progressing in much the same fashion as it has been all along. The one eye out of which she can still see somewhat is getting dimmer, her legs are going out from under her more and more often, and she's less and less able to work.

I wish to hell that we had gotten to this point a whole lot sooner, 'cause there is such a thing as "too late," y'know?

Great thanks go out to Feliciana Pharmacy and Ricky's Bar/Audubon Liquor for helping collect a nice chunk of that money in the bank, as well as the independently-owned BP station here in town, whose very compassionate owner has collected and donated almost two grand. He never tells me his name, he just keeps telling me to get ahold of Maury Povich... I never did get the end of that story --- somebody had called the show about Lee's story, Susan communicated with the producers, but then, nothing. So I don't know what happened there. I have personally written to Oprah and Montell Williams, but never received any response from either.

So cross yer fingers, light yer candles, rub your lucky whatever --- let's just all hope together that we have FINALLY found the doctor(s) who can fix Lee's brain tumor for good and bring her back to herself.

Thank you all, so much, from the bottom of my heart, for your love, your compassion, and your help. Just being lucky enough to witness a modern "miracle" of sorts like this has been a life-changing experience for me. Not a conversion, mind you, but it has restored a small glimmer of hope for the human condition.

1 Comments:

At 9:05 AM, Blogger Terrible said...

I like the idea of getting Oprah involved. I'll send her a letter too and hope it helps some. Not that I have much influence with wealthy celebrities.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home